Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.

Day Five: Favorite Quote
So by now I've realized I don't have ONE favorite of ANYTHING. I will just choose one person, Marilyn Monroe, and share m favorite quotes from her. =]


I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.
-- Marilyn Monroe
Sometimes I feel the same way. Where do I belong? I belong to no one. And no one belongs to me. Performing is what I love the most. Whether it's making my friends laugh, singing, writing or dancing, I feel like i was put on this Earth to entertain. =]

It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone.
-- Marilyn Monroe

I love talking. I am always talking but if I am silent with you...well I am never silent with anyone. Silence is intimate. Like speaking without speaking. Just looking into someones eyes and not saying a word. I am the most vulnerable when I am silent.

No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.
-- Marilyn Monroe

No one ever told me either. In fact, I was told the opposite and for a long time i believed it. End of story.

Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I'm just a girl who wishes for the world.
-- Marilyn Monroe

Of God how true this is for me. I am easily satisfied. I am still amazed with the beauty of people, nature, and human creations. There is so much beauty in this world and I just want to experience it all. I want to make people happy, have people make me happy, love, live, dance, eat, travel, read, explore, see everything. The world is my love. I fall in love with it each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment