Thursday, July 8, 2010

Just A Thought...

This will especially be funny to those who knew me in high school. You know the girl in choir, never missed a football game, somehow never made it to Geometry, always had fun, obsessed with "communication" and what the latest One Tree Hill episode was. haha.

Why did I become an English major? When I was in high school I used to make fun of people like me. I didn't read any of the books they assigned us back then. How I passed? I have no idea. And now look at me. Spending most of my time reading. Shiiiit. I don't leave the house without a book, EVER, or a magazine. My mom makes fun of me. I can't own a cute small purse cuz my book won't fit. Oh dear. I swear, if you would have told me in high school that I would be reading Shakespeare for fun in college...wow I would have laughed in your face. I especially made fun on the Brit Lit kids with their Darcy pins they would wear around school and now I have read Pride an Prejudice, oh i dunno, like 5 times. British Literature is like my favorite subject now!! haha oh dear. Who am i now?

Even when I first arrived to Davis I looked around at the people in my classes and was like "uuuummm yeah I don't have anything in common with these people". Now the more English classes I take the less true that statement is. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Did you see me becoming an English major?? Why? I mean I know that I love to write and that growing up I used to write stories for you guys or poems and what not but I never thought I would be like this.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha awww you make it sound like its a bad thing. Our interest are always changing, your's just made a 180 (if you can call it that lol) it's ok to change your mind. Go with it, you are good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always saw you as an English major. You're a good writer and you like to read for fun--me too lol. Plus, you even started a novel that was never completed, but the intention was there back in high school. I know why you didn't make it to geometry.
    You got the power to make a change through language.
    -J Alfaro

    ReplyDelete