Thursday, March 25, 2010

For I am the first and the last.
I am the honored one and the scorned one.
I am the whore and the holy one.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am she whose wedding is great,
and I have not taken a husband.
I am the bride and the bridegroom,
and it is my husband who begot me.
I am the solace of my labor pains.
I am senseless and I am wise.
Come forward to childhood,
and do not despise it because it is small and it is little.
And do not turn away greatnesses in some parts from the smallnesses,
for the smallnesses are known from the greatnesses.

I am the one who is honored,
and who is praised,
For I am knowledge and ignorance.
I am shame and boldness.
I am shameless; I am ashamed.
I am control and the uncontrollable.
I am strength and I am fear.
I am war and peace.
Give heed to me.
I am the substance and the one who has no substance.
But I, I am compassionate and I am cruel.
Do not hate my obedienceand do not love my self-control.
I am the union and the dissolution.
But I am she who exists in all fearsand strength in trembling.
I am she who is weak,and I am well in a pleasant place.
And I am an alien and a citizen.
I am the substance and the one who has no substance.
I am the silence that is incomprehensible
and the idea whose remembrance is frequent.
I am the voice whose sound is manifold
For I am the first and the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment