Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I am not scared of lions, tigers, and bears...

but I am scared of the unknown, change, getting my heart broken, failing, and losing people I love. Still, change is good for me, it is good for everyone.  Looking back at 2010, it was full of positive change, meeting new people, failing and then picking myself up again and challenging myself with every step. 

I got my heart broken, found something I believed in, lost it, and started over.  It was painful.  I let my guard down for nothing.  I had help of many friends who know what I went through.  He has no idea what he lost.  He wasn't the only one this year either, but it is hard letting myself trust people again even though months have passed.  I tried, but like always I sabotage myself so people won't get close.  I'll get back out there, when the time is right.

This year I also got back in touch with my older brother and sister which for me was, the best part of 2010, and although I am still trying to catch up on all the years lost it is never too late to get close.  I believe that.  One of my favorite days this year was the time my brother came to visit me in Davis after years of not talking.  We went to a few bars and just caught up the whole night.  He was afraid that after spending so many years away that I was going to hold some sort of resentment.  And although years before I was angry at him for never coming around, this year I was at a point where none of that mattered.  I was just happy to have my brother back.

My younger brother graduated high school, moved out and is now pursuing his passion at UTI in Sacramento.  He has also grown so much this year and I am loving the person he is becoming. 

In 2010 I failed my first class.  It was a hard blow to take especially since it was an English class which is my major.  I am not going to lie, I was irresponsible, missed my 8am discussion times, and did not read every single assignment.  Luckily I took the class pass/no pass if not it would have brought down my GPA tremendously.  Failing does not fly with me so I've been doing everything to do better in my classes while still maintaining a social life.    

I became close to Tiffany Lu & Krista Marcellino who will always have a special place in my heart.  Then I lost them when they graduated in June.  Let me just say that although I only had one year with these girls they will be my friends always because they are true, open, and accepting.  We went through so much that I will always have their back.  The rest of 2010 has not been the same since they have been gone. :/ Still, I am filled with much joy when I hear of the wonderful jobs they have gotten and how they are pursuing a better life for themselves.

My interest group is still going strong.  Cannot and will not give up on that dream.  The girls who are a part of the group are like family to me and there is no way in hell I would survive Davis without them. LOVE YOU BEEZIES!!

AMF was definitely my drink for 2010.  I drank it at every damn event I went to.  Even if I have toned down all the drinking I did before i still have one every now and then. NO WAY i will think of any other drink for 2010 than an AMF. That together with the song SHOTS!!!

In 2010 I turned 22, started getting a bit more focused on my future, and  finally decided that it isn't silly to pursue a career as an Italian teacher and I am going for it.  I know it is what I want to do so there is no stopping this girl. 

Finally, I had so many firsts this year that I simply cannot name them all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment